- Availabilty: Directly available
- Model: YTF-01
- SKU: 003496
A standard solenoid valve with water flow sensor. With this, for example, the water flow in a hose or pipe can be measured and regulated.
The output of the sensor gives 9.4 pulses per second with a duty cycle of approximately 50% for every liter of liquid that passes through it per minute: Q [L/min] = fpulse[Hz ]/9.4.
- Solenoid valve:
- Voltage: 12V DC
- Coil resistance: 25Ω ±5% (at 20°C)
- Connector: Disconnect cable lug 6.3mm
- Valve type: Normally closed (NC)
- Flow orientation: Straight
- Water flow sensor:
- Supply voltage: 5-18V DC
- Signal voltage: 4.7V (with 5V DC power supply)
- Connector: JST-SM 3p female
- Pulse frequency per L/min: 9.4Hz*
- Duty cycle pulse: 50% ±10%
- Measuring range: 1-30L/min
- Accuracy: ±3%*
- Water pressure: 0.2-8bar
- Water connection: G1/2"
- Working temperature: 1-60°C
- Maximum flow: 10L/min
- Material: Nylon
- Suitable liquids: Water**
- Dimensions: See images
Pinout (water flow sensor):
- Red: Supply voltage/plus
- Black: GND/min
- Yellow: Signal
- 1x Solenoid Valve with Water Flow Sensor - Normally Closed - Nylon - G1/2"
See the following page for a tutorial with a similar water flow sensor: How to Use Water Flow Sensor - Arduino Tutorial
Modify the following piece of code around line 17:
float calibrationFactor = 4.5;
float calibrationFactor = 9.4;
*Note: This is a factory specification under specific circumstances. Should the sensor be used in a situation where accuracy is required, it is recommended to calibrate the sensor in that specific setup.
**Note: We cannot give any warranty if this product is used with any liquid other than clean drinking water.
Note: The liquid can only flow in one direction, this is indicated by an arrow.
Note: The solenoid valve must be installed such that the coil is on top.