- Availabilty: Directly available
- Model: MINIDC-DCSD2A
- SKU: 001104
A very compact DC-DC step-down converter. We recommend to use this converter on continuous power up to 1000mA.
The converter also works easily on 2A, but then it can get pretty warm. We therefore recommend to do this only for a short time (less than 10 minutes or in combination with cooling)
- Input voltage: 4.5 - 24V DC
- Output voltage: 0.8 - 17V DC
- Maximum return: 97.5%
- Switching frequency: 500kHz
- Quiescent current: 0.85 mA (output not connected)
- Tax regulation: ± 1%
- Voltage control: ± 0.5%
- Dimensions: 20 x 11 x 5mm
- Ability to select fixed output voltage (see explanation below)
- VO+: Output voltage
- GND: Ground/min (shared with input and output)
- IN+: Input voltage
- EN: Enable pin (connect to ground to disable DC-DC converter)
If you need a fixed output voltage of e.g. 3.3V or 5V, you can easily modify this module.
You can do this by scratching the track above the "ADJ" solder surface on the underside. This connection ensures that the converter supplies a voltage as standard based on the resistance of the potentiometer.
If you make a solder bridge after scratching for 5V, for example, a fixed voltage of approximately 5V comes from the converter. We advise you to measure the voltage to check your modification!
Do you want to go back to an institution via the potentiometer? Then make a solder bridge on only the ADJ solder plane.
Tip: use extra capacitors (more than 100uF) on the input and output to produce a more stable voltage.