- Availabilty: Directly available from warehouse in Eindhoven
- Model: BMS3S25A-2.8-4.25
- SKU: 002931
A Battery Management System (BMS) for a 3S battery pack. With this circuit you can safely make a battery pack of 3 series Li-ion/Li-Po batteries (cells). The circuit protects the battery pack against short circuits, overvoltage and undervoltage.
- Charging voltage: 12.6V DC
- Maximum charging current: 25A*
- Maximum continuous discharge current: 25A*
- Short circuit protection: 60 ± 5A
- Overcharge protection voltage (per cell/battery): 4.25 ± 0.025V
- Discharge protection voltage (per cell/battery): 2.80 ± 0.08V
- Balance function: No**
- Option for NTC for over temperature protection:
- Resistance: 10kΩ
- Material constant: 3950K
- Protection from 65°C
- Dimensions PCB: See images
*Note: These are the maximum currents of the BMS circuit. Connected batteries may not be able to handle this current!
**Note: The chip does not support a balancing, after some time the voltages of the cells can diverge slightly. This circuit is for cell protection only.
Pin description (See the images for the connection diagram):
- A: Not connected
- B: Not connected
- B-: Min cell/battery 1
- B1: Plus cell/battery 1, min cell/battery 2
- B2: Plus cell/battery 2, min cell/battery 3
- B+: Plus cell/battery 3
- P+: Plus output battery pack
- P-: Min output battery pack
Use the P+ and P connections to charge and discharge the battery pack.
Caution: Making a Li-ion/Li-Po battery pack requires knowledge. Only make the package if you know what you are doing. Incorrectly connecting the batteries and the BMS can cause the batteries to catch fire, or even explode.