- Availabilty: Directly available
- Model: ESP32CAM
- SKU: 002132
This development board is an ESP32 based board with WiFi and Bluetooth and has a built-in camera. In addition, the board also has a micro SD card connection.
- ESP32 chip with 240Mhz dual core processor
- Flash memory: 4MB
- Working memory: 512KB SRAM, 4MB PSRAM
- Camera: OV2640
- Up to 10x digital pins
- Up to 7x analog pins
- On-board voltage regulator for input voltage (5-12V on 5V pin (higher than 5V not recommended due to heat development))
- Pinout: See images
- Dimensions: 40x27x12mm (including headers, without camera)
See the following page for more information and to get started with the board: Arduino core for the ESP32
To program the board with the Arduino IDE, select the 'AI Thinker ESP32-CAM' in the board manager.
See the next pages for a tutorial with the board (and this USB Serial Port Adapter (programmer)): ESP32-CAM Video Streaming and Face Recognition with Arduino IDE and ESP32-CAM Troubleshooting Guide: Most Common Problems Fixed
We have a number of additions based on the tutorial:
- The camera is supplied separately and can be mounted by folding up the black part of the FPC connector. The camera module can then be inserted into the connector and the black part of the FPC connector can be pushed back.
- Don't forget to use a 3.3V compatible serial converter. If necessary, set the serial converter to 3.3V mode before programming.
The pins on the board are directly connected to the ESP32 chip and are therefore only suitable for 3.3V signals.